Gluten Free Mexican Enchiladas
I’m trying a lot of gluten free alternative recipes at the moment for a few reasons; 1) my partner loves his bread but he really wants to give it up, so I’m trying to fill him up in other ways and 2) I hate that gloopy feeling you get after eating gluten rich foods. So, these Gluten Free Mexican Enchiladas are designed to give you that Mexican Food hit but without the sluggish, bloated feeling afterwards. The ingredients and flavours are so good your really don’t need all the wraps and tacos they serve in Mexican food. Anyway, give this Gluten Free Mexican Enchiladas recipe a go and see if you miss the bread. I bet you won’t!
Ingredients (Serves 2-4 if served with brown rice)
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 2 leeks
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tsp fajitas mix (available in the spices section at the supermarket)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 120g cheddar cheese
- greek yoghurt
To cook in slow cooker; add all ingredients to slow cooker excluding yoghurt, guacamole and cheese. Slow cook on low for 7-8 hours.
When you return from work, add the cheese and place under grill. Serve with yoghurt and guacamole.
To cook in oven; Preheat the oven to 180oC or gas mark 7.
- Chop your leeks, tomatoes and pepper and place in an oven proof casserole dish or similar.
- Chop 300g chicken breast and add into the dish.
- Crush and chop your garlic cloves and add these in to the dish. Add your fajita mix and your kidney beans and a little salt too and mix all the ingredients together with your hands so when it cooks it all cooks through the same.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Once the 50 minutes is up, take it out the oven and grate 120g of cheese on top and place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the oven and ensure the chicken is cooked before serving.
- Serve with greek yoghurt and guacamole.