Cream of Fennel Soup
This cream of fennel soup is the perfect spring soup. It’s refreshing and creamy, but also packed full of nutrition! You’ll also find fennel is usually on offer at your local supermarkets, and it’s perfectly fine to use when it’s in the ‘quick sale’ section!
2 x fennel bulbs (reduced 19p each from Morrison’s)
1 x large onion (15p from Morrison’s)
Knob of butter
1/2 TSP fennel seeds
500ml chicken stock
Small glass white wine
Salt and pepper
150ml double cream
1. Chop your onion and fennel bulbs and slowly sweat in a pan with your butter until soft and starting to brown.
2. Add your 500ml stock to the pan and simmer down to reduce for 15 minutes or until sufficiently reduced. Add your wine and simmer for another 5 minutes.
3. Add your ingredients to a pan and use a hand blender to blitz.
4. Add your fennel seeds and blitz until smooth and creamy.
5. Add your cream and stir. If the soup is looking too watery, reduce it a little further by putting your pan back over the heat and stirring. If its too thick for you, just stir in a little water. Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy this soup? Why not try some broccoli and brie soup?
You can also follow me on twitter for all the latest!